Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Birthday Party and a Family Reunion

Yesterday was an exciting day! First, we had to do some errands for around the house. Then we went to the mall to get one of my good friends a present. We got her a Areopostale hoodie that is light pink, hot pink, that has sequences on it and some cute bracelets (here's a thought there is little tubs by the checkout counter that say they are $1.99 but, are really marked down to $.99). While we were at the mall Mom, Chloe, Carter, and I got a Mrs. Fields cookie with good icing. When we were sitting down there was a bungee jumping thing that Carter had been dieing to do but, he didn't. That evening around 4:20 some of my friends and there parents went to go see GI- Jo. It was good, the only thing that I didn't like is they had some stabbing parts which I had to close my eyes for. If you like army stuff then I recommend you should go see it, it was interesting. After that my friends parents took me home, I had a family reunion to go to! We had a blast I made a Banana Split Brownie Pizza that everyone liked. It contains: 1 (20 oz) fudge brownie mix ( recommended: Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix), 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened, 1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 bananas, sliced and tossed in lemon juice to prevent browning, 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced, 1 cup nuts, chocolate ice cream topping or syrup, for drizzling. Then Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the brownie mix according to box directions. Pour into the prepared pan Bake for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove from the oven and cool. Beat the cream cheese, pineapple, and sugar together in a bowl. Used any reserved pineapple juice at this time, if needed, to soften the mixture to a good spreading consistency. Otherwise dispose of or save the juice for another use. Spread the mixture over the cooled brownie crust. Arrange the banana and strawberry slices over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping. Refrigerate. To serve, slice as you would a pizza, and enjoy! I hope you all like it because this was a hit at the family reunion. I would give it a 10 out of 10. My mom got this recipe from Paula Deen's website. Just type in Banana Split Brownie Pizza and it will pull up a picture of it. Sorry about that I should have posted a picture but didn't have time. Will post tomorrow about Super Savings Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment